Straws c/o Glass Dharma
Banana milk is the easiest meal/snack/dessert you can make. My sister introduced it to me a few years back, and I’ve been making it on every occasion since. At some point along the way, I made another discovery: strawberry milk. Tasty, and so pretty! So why not mix everything together and see what comes out? The result: delicious strawberry banana milk, a recipe wilth all the ingredients stated in the name. Have it for breakfast, have it for dinner, pour it over your cereal, sip it ungarnished – there’s no wrong way.
But it can’t be a legit drink without a straw, right? I always feel very wasteful throwing them out when I’m done. And I’m done in a couple of minutes. I mean, you could reuse plastic straws once or twice, but they get icky so quickly. I was very excited to find out that there’s an alternative: beautiful, reusable straws from Glass Dharma! In case you’re not convinced of the need for such straws, just read some of the scary information here, and you might change your mind.
And how good do they look? The graceful bended design is timeless and versatile, it really adds to the overall look of the drink. If you’re worried about cleaning glass straws, don’t be: you can get a cleaning brush that fits perfectly and does all of the work for you. And they’re guaranteed to last a lifetime. Now that summer is here, these bad boys are getting a lot of use around the house and I’m so happy with them.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cup cold milk (can be non-dairy)
- 1 cup ripe strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and remove the greens.
- In a bowl, break the banana in small pieces. Add the milk and strawberries on top. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until homogeneous.
- Garnish with strawberries optionally.
- You can take these measurements loosely. Feel free to add more milk or fruit to taste.
- Add some strawberry ice cream to the blender to make the drink more like a milkshake.