I’m on a roll with healthy desserts, especially since discovering coconut milk! That stuff is amazing, and just by whipping it for a few moments you get the most delicious cream in the world! While my trial to mix it with coconut shreds turned out a bit too… coconut-y, the chocolate version is a winner. And did I mention easy? I’m thinking of using this as cream for a cake, some day, when I’m able to make a whole cake.
- 1 can (full fat) coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablet dark chocolate (100g)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- (optional) sweetener
- You need to store your coconut milk can in the fridge so that part of it solidifies. Open the can carefully, without shaking, and spoon the solid part into your mixing bowl. Keep the watery stuff for cocktails or smoothies (I even put it in my coffee). Mix or hand whisk until you get a pleasant, fluffy consistency.
- Melt your dark chocolate, either in the microwave, or above a pan of simmering water. Sweeten it if you like, and mix in the peanut butter. Allow to cool for a while before mixing into the coconut cream.
- Keep in the fridge for a few hours before serving, in jars or covered cups.