Put yourself in the following situation: you have a sweet tooth but you don’t like the chocolate you have at hand. It’s plain and kind of boring. I don’t blame you, you want to indulge in it and have it melt in your mouth, so you can taste every single bit of cocoa in it! The only sane step to take is to improve your chocolate because you’re a big girl and you can do that. The only ingredient you really need for that it coconut oil (known to be a miracle-worker in the kitchen as well as in beauty products these days). The others – you can improvise depending on what you have in your pantry. For me, that was walnuts and lemon, which turned out to be a winner combination. I wonder if any chocolate brands out there are already marketing this. If not, you saw it here first!
- 100g dark chocolate (one tablet)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- shaved lemon peel from one lemon
- 6-8 walnuts, roughly chopped
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it in a double broiler, together with the coconut oil.
- Line a bread pan with baking paper and pour the melted chocolate on the bottom, moving the pan in order to cover every spot.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with lemon peel and walnuts, then allow to cool completely.
- Remove from the pan and the baking paper. Store in the fridge.