This is a quick an easy recipe that you can make on any afternoon. It’s nothing fancy, but it can surely satisfy a sweet tooth. Here’s how it goes:
Apple & cocoa cake
Write a review
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 6 tbs all purpose flour
- 6 tbs vegetable oil
- 6 tbs sugar + a little more
- 2 apples
- First off, cut the apples in small cubes. In a frying pan, put a little oil, then add the apples with some sugar and cinnamon to taste. Cook them until soft, and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar, using either a mixer or a whisk, until stiff. Then slowly mix in the yolks, and continue with the flour, gradually, and then the oil. The overall composition will be quite soft.
- Grease a baking pan and add half of the composition. Put the caramelized apples on top. Mix some cocoa in the other half of the composition, until it changes color. The more cocoa you add, the more it will taste chocolatey in the end. Add this to the tray and then bake for 20-30 minutes, checking with a toothpick from time to time. When you sting the cake and the toothpick comes out clean, it is officially done.
- You can sift some powdered sugar on top, and then slice to serve, warm or cold.