Halloween is such an awesome opportunity to dress up, get creative, and go plain nuts with the makeup! But it can also be a lot of pressure, with stuff like looking sexy no matter what, finding the perfect balance between obscure and mainstream, doing a good pun without having to explain it to everyone all night long. We’ve rounded up 10 costumes that are cool, funny, easy to recognize and – most importantly – non-sexy kitten. Oh, and you can totally make them in the few days left until Halloween.
1. Frida Kahlo is a classic costume by now, and it’s no wonder: the artist has a distinct look that isn’t difficult to recreate. Instructions on The House That Lars Built – 2. Studio DIY will make a great costume out of anything! This popcorn one is off the hook, and it’s made with basically just paper
3. Together or separate, these Grand Budapest Hotel costumes from Brit + Co are a connaisseur hit – 4. All the girls are going as Eleven for Halloween this year, but it’s still a wonderful costume! Get the how-to on Shrimp Salad Circus
5. It doesn’t get any sweeter, does it? Cotton candy is basically sugar, and this costume from Aww, Sam is basically that, too – 6. Another awesome pink option: this bubble gum costume from Studio DIY! You don’t need much more than pink balloons and a matching dress for it.
7. Whether you like Snapchat or not, you have to admit those filters are addictive! Bring them irl with these awesome costumes from Oh Happy Day – 8. The baddest bitches of them all, The Heathers. Great group costume to try with items from your own wardrobe, via Camille Styles
9. Never ever has there even been a better mom-baby costume than this French croissant from Oh Happy Day! This much is clear – 10. Easiest. Costume. Ever. Just as long as you have a monochrome outfit, you have a Pantone costume. Idea from Sugar & Cloth